Thursday, January 21, 2010

Projects: Craft Hope

I feel as though I owe you, my three or four dwindling readers, an explanation for the fact that my blog posting performance has been slack as of late. The truth is that I have been participating in all sorts of wonderful projects this month. My plan is to share them with you over the course of the next week!





The first is Craft Hope. I came across a link to Craft Hope a few days after the first terrible images of Haiti started pouring in, so I set aside a few prints to donate. I really loved playing a small part in what started as a tiny seed of a project and grew in such an incredible and exponential way. As you're reading this you will be happy to know that Craft Hope has raised over $20,000 for Doctors Without Borders, and they are so flooded with generous donations that their team can barely keep up. All of this in less than a week. Can you believe that? I am stunned by the generosity of those who make and appreciate handmade-- and absolutely shocked that a simple Etsy site has done so much good.

The Craft Hope Etsy Shop is an ongoing project-- I hope that it will continue to raise record-breaking funds for medical care in Haiti long after the cameras have packed it in.



So that's numero uno. Stay tuned!

No comments: